Announcing the first ATIA Makers Day powered by ATMakers.org
The inaugural ATIA Makers Day is taking place at ATIA 2018. From low-tech solutions to modified technology solutions, there is a wide range of creations that have solved challenges in Assistive Technology, made by a community of makers with the goal to help others! ATIA are bringing those solutions to you.
|What is ATIA Makers Day? ATIA Makers Day is an opportunity to explore exciting innovations developed by AT makers and to learn from the AT maker community.|
|Who are makers? The maker community is comprised of people – high school STEM and robotics students, hobbyists and DIY electronics enthusiasts – who are interested in using their skills to create and make solutions for people with disabilities. These are not always experts in AT, but they have a myriad of interests and just simple like to solve problems and make things.|
|Who is invited? Open to all!|
|When? Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 9 AM to noon.|
|Where? ATIA 2018 exhibit hall in the Caribe Royale Hotel and Convention Center in Orlando, FL.|
|Why? Come meet some amazing people who simply want to make a difference. A switch, some home automation, grips or pointers, a toy that can be switch adapted and so much more can become innovations that help others!|
A Lot Will Take Place at ATIA Makers Day
- Explore Solutions from AT Makers – Maker groups from around the country will demo their AT solutions and products. Check out the following AT creations at ATIA Makers Day, such as:
- 12V Car Adaptations
- Adapted Christmas Toy Drive
- 3D Printed Adapters and Switches
- Home Automation Solutions
- Low-Cost Eye Gaze Solutions
- Participate in Hands-On Maker Training – Learn the following maker skills in trainings taking place at ATIA Makers Day:
- Soldering & Electronics
- Adapting Toys (without battery interrupters)
- 3D Printing AT tools (Mounting solutions, etc.)
- DIY/Low Cost Mounting Solutions
- Live Go-Baby-Go Adaptation 12V
- Modern Making Materials (Sugru, InstaMorph, E6000, Conductive Paint)
- Bring Your Challenges to AT Makers – Come discuss your challenges AT makers and leverage the knowledge and skills of those makers to potentially create solutions. Hear their experiences and insights on challenges they have faced and worked to solve.
Attend ATIA Makers Day and register for your free exhibit hall pass. Your pass will also provide you access to the ATIA exhibit hall where you can experience the latest assistive technology tools and services from leading AT providers.
Already registered for ATIA 2018? No additional action required! ATIA Makers Day is open to all registered attendees and free exhibit hall attendees.
Join the Maker Movement
Are you look to expand your “maker” skills? Do you want to learn how to adapt existing technologies? Are you interested in becoming a maker? We are all makers and there is no better time than now to join the Maker Movement and help those with disabilities that need different AT solutions. Visit ATMakers.org to learn more.