Call for Presentations on COVID-19 Resources and Support
ATIA is a strong community that has the ability to positively impact others during this time of uncertainty and constant change. Below is an invite to contribute your thoughts and expertise given our current landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are in a unique position to reach a large range of practitioners and professionals, and we need your voice to share what you know with others!
Session topics can be, but are not limited to:
- Online learning for students with learning disabilities
- Supporting AAC and communication needs remotely
- Resources for work from home for people with disabilities
- Telehealth practices
- Tools and supports
- Ways to support children with Autism remotely
- Many, many more!
- Sessions should focus on strategies and ways to be successful at home and remote (school, work, socially, communication, telehealth/practice).
- Companies are welcome to present their AT and ways that they believe their AT can and should be used remotely.
- Be honest with what you do and don’t know. Be prepared to say you don’t know an answer.
- Keep the session content simple and brief (30 minutes), so it is helpful and more digestible for everyone.
- If a group or panel wishes to present, please indicate each speaker, workplace and credentials. These can be 60-minute sessions.
- Please ensure the information is presented accurately with facts. We do not want to want to spread any false information.
- No sales pitches for a product, persons or service.
- Do not over-promise that something will work for all (we know this is never true in our field).
Please complete the online submission form below for a 30-or 60-minute session. We will work with you to schedule these sessions through our online Learning Center, as both live and recorded sessions. These will be offered at no cost to the attendees. Speakers will not be compensated for the presentations and we will not be offering CEUs.
Submission Review and Scheduling
Submissions are reviewed and scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be contacted by email as soon as possible about the status of your submission. The presentations will be scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET, or 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET. They run for either 30 or 60 minutes.
We are currently no longer accepting new submissions for the COVID-19 Series.