Become an Online Course Speaker
ATIA is always looking for expert presenters with insights that will inspire the assistive technology community and enrich the education in the ATIA Learning Center. Attendees tell us they are hungry for both intermediate and advanced knowledge covering a variety of AT topics, so we encourage you to propose new subjects or new approaches to established topics.
We are currently accepting submissions for our 2020-2021 program!
Tips for Successful Proposals
- Scope your presentation for either 60 or 90 minutes.
- Consider submitting more than one topic. Two- or three-part mini-series are very popular, and more choices help us offer a balanced, broad program.
- Submit a separate proposal for each online course you propose. Each proposal is the basis for the course’s catalog entry and CEU requirements.
- If you will have a co-presenter, please submit one joint proposal.
- Indicate preferred presentation dates about two months out from your submission date.
- Do not submit a proposal you have already submitted elsewhere.
Online courses typically start at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. They run for either 60 or 90 minutes. Online courses are cancelled if they attract fewer than 10 paid registrations one week before the course date.
The Online Education Committee reviews proposals for content and scheduling, a process that takes 1–2 months. You will be contacted by email or phone as soon as possible about the status of your proposal(s).
Two to four weeks before their course date, presenters complete a preparation checklist and check-in with ATIA’s Learning Center Manager. Before their online course date, presenters also attend an orientation session for Adobe Connect. For frequent presenters, the walk-through and orientation should take approximately 30 minutes, depending on the nature of the presentation materials.
Please note that compensation is per online course; co-presenters share compensation for a session.
|Registrants||60-Minute Course||90-Minute Course|
|20 or fewer||$175||$200|
|More than 30||$250, or 20% of calculated revenue (your choice)||$275, or 20% of calculated revenue (your choice)|
Email us at LearningCenter@atia.org or call us toll-free at +1 877-687-2842 or direct +1 312-321-5172.