ATIA Maker Day 3.0 for ATIA Exhibitors
Join ATIA Maker Day 3.0: Powered by ATMakers.org
ATIA Exhibitors and Members can fully participate in our Maker Day Activities. The ATIA Maker Day events in 2018 and 2019 were a huge success on many levels. This year we will make it (no pun intended!) bigger and better with your help!
- We have more high school robotics/STEM teams coming to the event.
- More give away items for attendees (especially for children with disabilities)
- More professionals getting involved to share AT Maker activities
- ATIA Exhibitors sharing their engineering and maker ingenuity with everyone at ATIA 2020
Exhibitors are Invited to Participate
All exhibitors are invited to share a Maker Experience in their booths. Based on feedback from past events, these experiences are being added:
- Expand the Maker Day experience beyond the physical space dedicated to the day, specifically to other parts of the Exhibit Hall
- Include Maker activities on the earlier days of the conference, both to include attendees who cannot attend on Saturday and to promote the event
- Provide an opportunity for exhibitors to share how their products and services are being used by Makers in the AT community
ATIA and the volunteers working on the ATIA Maker Day 3.0 will share and promote Maker activities in the exhibit hall that meet the following criteria:
- Provide any or all of the following AT Maker experiences in your ATIA 2020 Booth:
- Hands-on activities that allow attendees to create and customize AT solutions
- Demonstrations of AT solutions that include Maker technologies/strategies
- Activities that promote the inclusion of STEM students and Maker Organizations in the AT community
- Stand-alone maker activities around disabilities regardless of integration of your own technology
- Maker activities are all about things that are made. While it can be incorporated into existing AT or add onto AT it should not be simply a bought solution but an enhancement or extension of an existing product.
- Maker Experiences must be available during hours of the ATIA Maker Day 3.0 (Saturday 9 a.m.-12 p.m.)
- To support the goal of promoting the ATIA Maker Day 3.0, we ask each exhibitor participating in the ATIA Maker Day 3.0 to consider sharing their maker activities during the full conference with a focus on Saturday.
How To Participate:
There is no fee to participate in this activity.
Exhibitors who wish to participate should register should complete the form at the bottom of this page.
The registration is a brief form to let us know what you will be doing and for us to easily promote everyone who is participating.
At the end of the day, we will have lunch with all the student volunteers. While we understand this is exhibitor tear down time, we invite you to stop by the lunch to recognize these young, up and coming engineers who enjoy learning more about your work.
Marketing Activities Pre and Post ATIA 2020:
ATIA Maker Day 3.0 will be promoted on social media by ATIA and our partners, ATMakers.org as well as many others. Participating exhibitors are invited to work with our marketing team to develop a short video about their experience that will be shared prior to and during the conference. All participants will be listed and linked to any pages you post related to the Maker project you do.
ATIA’s goals around AT Awareness could not be better served than enlightening young minds with possibilities for persons with disabilities. ATIA Maker Day does exactly that.
Our collective experience hosting this new and exciting event has led to new partnerships and some exciting developments with young students getting engaged with AT and the local disability community. If these Robotics teams do one extra community service project for a single individual with a disability the we are accomplishing part of the ATIA Mission. We hope you will support this. Most of our AT came out of someone “Making a Solution”.
Any questions feel free to email ATIA at Marketing@atia.org